bgp, is-is, ...

Brad brad at comstyle.com
Fri Dec 5 01:22:53 PST 2008

On Friday 05 December 2008 03:43:41 Randy Bush wrote:
> openbgp is said to be the best bsd implementation of bgp.  but i see
> that ports/openbgpd has not been updated in a while.  it is at 4.0 while
> 4.3 is the current public release.

Actually 4.4 is the latset release, although only available in CVS. I have
prodded Henning again about updating the website/FTP site.
The OpenOSPF port could use an update to 4.4.

> for two full bgp feeds, is 4g of ram gonna last? or should i get 8g?

A machine with 512MB of memory should have no problem with 3 maybe 4 feeds
depending on BGP implementation and setup. So 2GB should be more than enough

believed to be clean.