dhclient doing DISCOVER with bad IP checksum - bge (7.1 show stopper??)

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Mon Dec 1 22:53:41 PST 2008

On Tuesday 02 December 2008 15:57:15 Jonathan Feally wrote:
> Can someone please confirm or rule out my issue with dhclient sending
> bad IP checksum packets. It would really suck if 7.1 was released with a
> broken DHCP client.

I had 7.1-PRE (early Octover) send out DHCP requests without issue, although I
don't have that system available now. It was using em card.

I have a 7.0-STABLE system with an sk card from July that does DHCP requests
just fine too..

I don't have any bge systems running 7 to test with though sorry.. Does it
always give dud packets or just DHCP? Can you try another card in the client?

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum