(Netgraph problem) Inner tag and outer tag swapped

Younger Wang Younger.Wang at packetfront.com
Fri Aug 8 06:04:57 UTC 2008

Hi,

fxp0 is connected to a trunk port. Frames tagged with VID=201 arrives at
fxp0 from a switch trunk port, I expect it will be captured at hub_QinQ,
with outer tag = 4000, and inner tag = 201. But in fact, it was received
with the outer and inner tags reversed.

But if I inject the same frame on hub_c4000, the frame is received at
hub_QinQ as expected (inner tag = 201, outer tag = 4000). I am really
confused. Has anyone seen the same problem? Big thanks.

Here is my netgraph setup:

ngctl mkpeer fxp0: hub lower physical

ngctl name fxp0:lower hub_c4000

ngctl mkpeer hub_c4000: vlan up vlan4000

ngctl name hub_c4000:up vlan_QinQ

ngctl mkpeer vlan_QinQ: hub downstream down0

ngctl name vlan_QinQ:downstream hub_QinQ

ngctl msg vlan_QinQ: addfilter { vlan=4000 hook="vlan4000" }

BR

Younger Wang