Question about ip accounting

Christopher Arnold chris at arnold.se
Fri Apr 18 12:43:33 UTC 2008

On Fri, 18 Apr 2008, Vincent Mialon wrote:

> I'm in a six months placement at Gitoyen http://www.gitoyen.net/ (a small
> opensource-based LIR)
>

> Gitoyen is a Local Internet Registry. The current routing solution is
> based on Linux with Quagga running OSPF and BGP. All routers runs
> Linux from USB flash drives but we think that FreeBSD could be much better
> with OpenOSPFD and OpenBGPD. My mission at Gitoyen is to be able to route
> about 2Gbps at 190 kilo packets per second using opensource softwares...

First of all Quagga, OpenOSPFD and OpenBGPD only handles routing
information. Packet forwarding is done in the OS. (But if you have lots of
routing updates the routing software could matter)
A way to higher performance under linux could be:
http://yuba.stanford.edu/NetFPGA/

Anyone looing at supporting the netfpga card on FreeBSD?
I would love to do that project myself, my time is scarse right now.

 	/Chris

--
http://www.arnold.se/
http://www.mbit.us/