6.2+pf+CARP bandwidth issues

Eric F Crist ecrist at secure-computing.net
Mon Nov 26 07:09:10 PST 2007

Happy monday folks!

We have a couple of Dell PowerEdge 1650 systems in a CARP setup with
pf as our firewall cluster.  I've noticed that if I connect my laptop
behind these systems, I can achieve about 600kbps down and about
1100kpbs upload.  If I connect to the other side, bypassing these
systems, I can achieve our entire bandwidth cap provided by our
colocation company.

What things should I look for as far as tuning goes?  Any gotchas I
should look out for?  All the interfaces and switches in question are
gigabit.  Some interfaces are fxp, others are onboard em.

Thanks for you replies!
-----
Eric F Crist
Secure Computing Networks