dualstack IPv4/IPv6 ADSL PPPoE configuration?

Kevin Bortis wermut at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 22:21:42 PST 2007

I tried ppp with autoconf IPv6, but without success. Now I test
FreeBSD 7 Beta2 and mpd5 from the ports collection.

If I run /usr/local/sbin/mpd5, there is a line: [L1] rec'd unexpected
protocol IPV6CP, rejecting

So here is my question: Is the provider rejecting the IPV6CP package
or is this rejecting local.

I searched in the mpd5 manuals, but there is not much written about IPv6.

Regards Kevin

PS: If someone knows a source for mpd5 manuals and docs, please post.
I tried to get answers in the mpd-user mailinglist, but I think I am
the only user :-)

logs and config :

####################
#log
[L1] AUTH: Accounting-Thread finished normally
[B1] IPCP: rec'd Configure Request #1 (Req-Sent)
 COMPPROTO VJCOMP, 16 comp. channels, allow comp-cid
 IPADDR 212.xx.xx.xx
 212.xx.xx.xx is OK
[B1] IPCP: SendConfigAck #1
 COMPPROTO VJCOMP, 16 comp. channels, allow comp-cid
 IPADDR 212.xx.xx.xx
[B1] IPCP: state change Req-Sent --> Ack-Sent
[L1] rec'd unexpected protocol IPV6CP, rejecting
[B1] IPCP: rec'd Configure Nak #1 (Ack-Sent)
 IPADDR 212.xx.yy.yy
 212.xx.yy.yy is OK
[B1] IPCP: SendConfigReq #2
[B1] IPCP: LayerUp
 212.xx.yy.yy -> 212.xx.xx.xx
[B1] IFACE: Up event

#############
#mpd.config:

default:
       load provider

provider:
       create bundle static B1
       set iface route default
       set ipcp ranges 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0
       set ipv6cp enable

       create link static L1 pppoe
       set link action bundle B1
       set auth authname "myUsername at myProvider.xx"
       set auth password "myPassword"
       set link max-redial 0
       set link mtu 1460
       set link keep-alive 10 60