Should syncache.count ever be negative?

Mike Silbersack silby at silby.com
Sat Nov 10 01:41:01 PST 2007

On Sat, 10 Nov 2007, Matt Reimer wrote:

> I ran "netstat -Lan" every second while running this test and the
> output never changed from the following, whether before or after the
> stall:

I forgot to mention, check netstat -s for listen queue overflows.

> During the stall the sockets are all in TIME_WAIT. More relevant info:

In the past that was not a problem, but I should retest this as well.

> It still stalls. This time I noticed that tcptw shows 0 free:

The tcptw zone is supposed to fill completely, then kick out the oldest
entry whenever a new one comes in.  So, that sounds ok to me... but like I
said, I need to retest that too.

> When I use ab I'm telling it to use a max of 100 simultaneous
> connections (ab -c 100 -n 50000 http://66.230.193.105/). Wouldn't that
> be well under the limit?

Yep, should be.  Hmph.

-Mike