ospf over IPSec

Eric W. Bates ericx at vineyard.net
Wed Nov 7 13:22:50 PST 2007

I have to try and get OSPF working over an ESP tunnel. The idea is to
allow graceful fall over between a dedicated T1 and a backup tunnel over
the Internet.

I just realized that without an esp0 interface in ifconfig, and without
the IPSec associations accessible in the routing table, I have no idea
whether this is even possible.

Has anyone successfully used OSPF over a tunnel?

Can you recommend a routing program?  We've been very happy with zebra
over the years; but I understand OpenOSPF and Quagga might be the
current favorites.

Thanks for your time.

--
Eric W. Bates