Applying NAT-T patch

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Thu May 31 09:23:49 UTC 2007

On Thu, 31 May 2007, VANHULLEBUS Yvan wrote:

> On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 09:38:26AM +0200, Eric Masson wrote:
>> VANHULLEBUS Yvan <vanhu_bsd at zeninc.net> writes:
>>
>> Hi Yvan,
>
> Hi Eric,
>
>>> rebuilding/reinstalling  world may be very interesting as some system
>>> programs uses some structs which size are changed by the patch.
>>
>> Is there any hope to see NATT support, based on your patches, included
>> in -current before 7.0-RELEASE engineering process begins ?
>
> There is always some hope :-)
>
> As far as I know, the patch is ready to be applied, and I provided
> both patches for FreeBSD6 and FreeBSD's HEAD.
>
> But as I don't have a commit bit on FreeBSD's sources, I can't do the
> remaining part of the work: commiting....
>
> I know that some FreeBSD developpers have expressed some interest in
> this patch, I had some discussions with some of them since some months
> ago, but actually, I can just wait for a commit or for some
> feedback/questions/bug reports/other things....

Maybe you could start addressing the things I posted last September?
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-net/2006-September/011807.html

Also lately someone in my digital neighborhood had problems compiling
the patch for kernels with and without NAT-T support, for KAME and
fast_ipsec. Seems some #ifdef and #includes were not worked out
properly. I do not know which verion of the patch was used because
they, unfortunately, always had the same name and no versioning.

/bz