Can someone please create a working IGMP proxy for FreeBSD 6.2? [signed]

Bodo Staron [c] bodo at staron.de
Wed May 30 14:44:16 UTC 2007

Hello,

I hope this is actually the right list and my request isn't too
outrageous.

I am looking for a working IGMP proxy for FreeBSD 6.2. My ISP is
offering TV over IP using IGMP. I use pfSense as a gateway.

Research so far gave my this:

1. Activating multicast routing in the kernel is easy - just one line.

2. The program "mrouted" doesn't help, it seems it can't work with
dial-up scenarios.

3. There is one IGMP proxy here
(http://potiron.loria.fr/projects/madynes/internals/perso/lahmadi/igmpv3proxy/download)
but it was done on 4.x and author, while helpful, doesn't seem to
work on it anymore. Simply can't compile it.

4. Since IGMP multicasts will be more and more common (eg BBC
too: http://forum.zensupport.co.uk/thread/10974.aspx) I kindly ask for
someone to maybe port the working one from Linux
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/igmpproxy) to FreeBSD.

--
--------------------- [ SECURITY NOTICE ] ---------------------
To: freebsd-net at freebsd.org.
For your security, bodo at staron.de
digitally signed this message on 30 May 2007 at 14:31:27 UTC.
Verify this digital signature at http://www.ciphire.com/verify.
---------------- [ CIPHIRE DIGITAL SIGNATURE ] ----------------
Q2lwaGlyZSBTaWcuAjhmcmVlYnNkLW5ldEBmcmVlYnNkLm9yZwBib2RvQHN0YXJv
bi5kZQBlbWFpbCBib2R5ANsCAAB8AHwAAAABAAAAv4pdRtsCAABGAwACAAIAAgAg
ryS3WhW7f7lgCbiE2fJP3/TvMKPNA5W5GP07i7/4pSwBAHAVKOQWiOUxEG7xee/c
WyejLomuj8kjlDVg3BwLE8gdqAOUYpTSHI7kfXX0r3nhH4KypRLBGCEd3ycSSQHc
tsUFsjwbU2lnRW5k