problem with my routing I believe

Tom Cruickshank tcruicksh at gmail.com
Thu May 17 04:57:25 UTC 2007

Hello,

     I’m in the process of trying to setup a freebsd box to act as a
gateway. This box contains 3 network cards. Here is how it is divided.

1)       Network card 1 goes to the modem for internet access.

2)       Network card 2 has a network class of 192.168.1.0 and plugs in
directory to another computer 192.168.1.5 (both gateway network card and
other computer have static ips)

3)       Network card 3 has a network class of 192.168.2.0 and has dhcp
running on it, giving out dynamic ips to several other computers (not
including the one discussed above)

All netmasks are 255.255.255.0

As you can see, I’m trying to run two networks and give them both access to
the internet.

Any of the computers which are running under dhcp can access anything just
fine.

Computer under the class of 192.168.1.0 cannot ping anyone. On the gateway,
I can ping the computer with the static IP, but it is VERY slow.

Anyone ever encountered this before? Any possible solutions?

If there is a more appropriate mailing list for this type of question,
please let me know. Thanks!

Tom Cruickshank

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.