kern/109815: wrong interface identifier at pfil_hooks for vlans + if_bridge

Bruce M. Simpson bms at FreeBSD.org
Mon Mar 5 14:21:07 UTC 2007

Eygene Ryabinkin wrote:
> Will try to understand if it will cure my problem, thanks!
> Attaching my patch, just in case if freebsd gnats will be down ;))

Thanks for this. It looks like Andrew may be in a better position to say
if this fix should go in or not.

It is possible that if bridge changes the ifp and that the frame should
be forwarded locally, i.e. to the upper protocol layers, that ifp should
also be updated in ether_input() (as NetBSD does) to make sure that the
later checks are against the updated ifp.

I have just changed this behaviour in p4 bms_netdev. Please try to test
with this code. If you can't access p4, then I can extract an updated
patch though this will take longer.

This should help to eliminate the need for DEV_CARP compile-time
conditionals in if_bridge(4).

Regards,
BMS