bin/114081: [patch] ppp(8) should be able to set ethernet address for PPPoE

Bjoern A. Zeeb bz at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jun 28 09:30:08 UTC 2007

The following reply was made to PR bin/114081; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bz at FreeBSD.org>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Cc: frank at pinky.sax.de
Subject: Re: bin/114081: [patch] ppp(8) should be able to set ethernet address
 for PPPoE
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 08:54:28 +0000 (UTC)

 On Thu, 28 Jun 2007, Remko Lodder wrote:

 > Synopsis: [patch] ppp(8) should be able to set ethernet address for PPPoE
 >
 > Responsible-Changed-From-To: freebsd-bugs->freebsd-net
 > Responsible-Changed-By: remko
 > Responsible-Changed-When: Thu Jun 28 05:54:16 UTC 2007
 > Responsible-Changed-Why:
 > I think this is more something for the networking team, reassign.

 I have more complete patches since 2004 in my private tree for exactly
 the same DTAG reason;-)

 The very early versions are still around here:
  	http://sources.zabbadoz.net/freebsd/patchset/
 10005-10008* I think. But they are highly outdated.

 I can upload newer versions somewhen the next days.

 BTW: are you putting your NIC into promisc mode using ifconfig? I
 cannot see how you would receive the packets for a different MAC else?

 --
 Bjoern A. Zeeb                                 bzeeb at Zabbadoz dot NeT
 Software is harder than hardware  so better get it right the first time.