IPv6 Woes...

Eric F Crist ecrist at secure-computing.net
Mon Jun 25 23:20:21 UTC 2007

On Jun 25, 2007, at 2:05 PMJun 25, 2007, Bruce M. Simpson wrote:

> Is your routing table correct? My default route entry for IPv6 just
> looks like this:
>
> default                           fe80::%gif0
> UGS        gif0
>
> and gif0 just looks like this:
>
> gif0: flags=8051<UP,POINTOPOINT,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 1280
>        tunnel inet a.b.c.d -> x.x.x.x
>        inet6 fe80::XXX:XXX:XXXX%gif0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x8
>        inet6 2001:ZZZ:ZZZ::ZZZZ:ZZZZ prefixlen 128
>
> In the output you posted, the next-hop of 2001:4980:1::5 will need
> to be resolved via NDP (hence the LW flags).
>
> You already have a 1:1 endpoint mapping due to the use of the gif
> IPIP header, so the upstream shouldn't need any other tag to demux
> your traffic. You shouldn't need to do anything special with
> Ethernet in your configuration.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> BMS

Bruce,

My problem isn't getting out to 2001:4980:1::5, it's getting to my
LAN, the 2001:4980:1:111::/64 network.  My gateway, the machine from
which I posted the routing and ifconfig information, is able to ping
across the tunnel, and to the internet just fine.  Nothing is able to
get from the gateway to my LAN, however.  Is it a problem with the
fxp driver, or perhaps my setup with the ethernet bridging?

Thanks again.
-----
Eric F Crist
Secure Computing Networks