Dell server responding with two mac addresses

Fredrik Carlsson fredrik at cnf.se
Mon Jun 4 18:41:26 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have a rather serious problem, I have three dell server (PE1800,
PE2950 and SC1425) the PE1800 is running FreeBSD 6.1. The problem that I
have is that the PE1800 is responding with two mac adresses on the same
network interface, has anywone seen this before? This causes our router
to be confused on where to send the traffic so one of the other machines
can't access anything outside our router. The first thought was that
dells IPMI-interface would have something to do with it but after
disabling IPMI on all machines the problem is still there.

Any help is appreciated.

Best regards
Fredrik Carlsson