Ipsec - PF_KEY and set_policy

blue susan.lan at zyxel.com.tw
Thu Jul 26 00:13:03 UTC 2007

As far as I know, setkey is used for IPsec SP and SA configuration.
ipsec_set_policy() could transfer a string to "policy request", which is
defined in RFC 2367 PF_KEY. Internally, setkey() will call
ipsec_set_policy() to construct the message then send it down to the
kernel. However, ipsec_set_policy() is used only for SP, not SA.

blue