Need help with Broadcom wifi WLAN

Vincent Howell darkvincentdude at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 26 02:56:33 UTC 2007

Hello,

I'm trying to get my Broadcom (BCM43XX-based) WNIC working in FreeBSD 6.2 but am unsuccessful.

I've tried numerous Windows drivers with Ndisgen and none of them generate working kernel modules. I've tried csuping my install to 6.2-STABLE to get the latest NDIS patch (produced by someone named "Sam") but it seems to have only fixed some "missing" features.

When I try to "kldload" BCMWL5_SYS.ko I get this error:

kernel: no match for IoGetDeviceObjectPointer
kernel: ndis0: <Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN> mem 0xd0000000-0xd0003fff irq 18 at device 0.0 on pci6
kernel: ndis0: couldn't map memory
kernel: device_attach: ndis0 attach returned 6

I wrote a bug report with detailed information but haven't received any replies yet.

Thanks for any help.