mpd success stories, anyone?

Alexander Motin mav at alkar.net
Thu Feb 22 16:11:32 UTC 2007

Alex Povolotsky wrote:
> Thanks, it seems to be more or less stable; however, throughput is quite
> little, lots of packets lost and "No buffer space available" on attempt
> to ping VPN addresses (only VPN is affected).

Have you tried to disable PPTP windowing in mpd config? ENOBUFS is the
errno used by ng_pptp node's windowing code when outgoing window is
full. It is not related to any system tunables. Maximum window size in
current ng_pptp is 16 packets. It can be small for LFNs and can reduce
speed.

> I guess I should tune some kernel tunable, but what specific one?

I can recomend you to set
net.graph.maxdgram=524288

net.graph.recvspace=524288

to make 'ngctl list' command work, but it is not critical.

Alexander Motin mav at alkar.net
Optima Telecom