Strange /etc/rc.d/netif behaviour

Martin Turgeon turgeon.martin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 21:02:19 UTC 2007

   John-Mark Gurney a écrit :

Martin Turgeon wrote this message on Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 11:55 -0500:

I'm not sure if this is really a bug but it doesn't look all fine to me.
When I do a /etc/rc.d/netif restart it does restart the network
interfaces but doesn't replace the default route that it just erased
even if it is specified in rc.conf correctly. I found that I should also
restart routed but it looks strange to me. I know that the /etc/netstart
script did it all but it's written in it that it's obsolete so I don't
want to use it.

So, is this normal and if so what is the best way to restart both a the
same time.

Why don't you restart /etc/rc.d/routing too?  That will repopulate the
default route(s) for you..

   That is exactly what I did but I would like to know if it is the
   expected behaviour and what is the best way to automate this.