iwi leaks memory?

Bakul Shah bakul at bitblocks.com
Fri Feb 16 17:12:19 UTC 2007

> ok doesn't seem to have anything strange, nor there
> seem to be any memory leak in iwi_init_locked...
>
> will keep the problem in mind, but right now i have no
> ideas on what could happen.

One data point: when I see a
    iwi0: could not allocate firmware DMA memory
I close memory hog programs one by one and ultimately iwi
manages to find memory.  My guess is it needs contiguous
physical memory and normally memory gets very fragmented and
may be by killing enough programs somehow enough physmem is
found to be free?  No idea if firmware loading can be made
smarter.