Mpd-4.1 released

Alexander Motin mav at alkar.net
Mon Feb 12 11:04:06 UTC 2007

I am glad to present you the first stable release of mpd4.x branch - the
mpd4.1!

It has almost a two years passed since last stable release of mpd3.18
and I must say that this time wasn't spent useless. Comparing to the
3.18, release 4.1 presents:
- performance multithreading auth backend,
- IPv6 support,
- L2TP link type,
- working TCP and UDP link types,
- NetFlow,
- NAT,
- new Telnet console,
- WEB interface,
- Deflate and Predictor-1 traffic compression,
- DESE-bis traffic encryption,
- _HUGE_ amount of bug fixes, refactoring cases and performance
optimizations.

Considering above, the mpd3.x branch is announced as legacy and will not
be anymore supported and updated. All mpd users are strongly recommended
to upgrade to the latest 4.x release.

Complete change log of MPD4 branch you can find here:
http://mpd.sourceforge.net/doc/mpd5.html

You can download mpd in source form here:
, or install it via FreeBSD ports system.

Alexander Motin mav at alkar.net