IPv6 over gif(4) broken in 6.2-RELEASE?

Bruce A. Mah bmah at freebsd.org
Sun Feb 11 20:25:09 UTC 2007

If memory serves me right, Dimitry Andric wrote:
> JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 wrote:
>>> Confirmed.  I've updated the machine on which I originally had this
>>> problem to -STABLE as of today, and the problem has disappeared.
>> I thought it was also planned to be incorporated to RELENG_6_2, right?
>
> I'm not sure if non-security related fixes are considered for release
> branches.  Also, there's a workaround mentioned on the 6.2 errata page,
> under "Known Issues":

Yes, we do this (most releases nowadays have at least a couple of errata
notices / patches).

> http://www.freebsd.org/releases/6.2R/errata.html
>
> Then again, it's really up to the release engineering team whether they
> deem this critical enough. :)

Its a joint decision between re@ and so at .  I *am* on re@, and I'd
planned on getting this change into RELENG_6_2, but I'm seriously
ENOTIME (now trying to type one-handed with my sleeping two-week-old son
in the other hand).  I'll send a copy of this to re@, hopefully one of
us will do this.

Cheers,

Bruce.