if_bridge and ip alias problem

Bartosz Giza gizmen at blurp.pl
Fri Feb 2 22:20:44 UTC 2007

Hi,

recently i have set up bridge based on if_bridge implementation.
I have IP address assigned to bridge0 iface and no addresses assigned
to members of bridge0.
Basicly i am configuring bridge0 in rc.conf:

cloned_interfaces="bridge0"
autobridge_interfaces="bridge0"
autobridge_bridge0="rl0 rl1 em0"
ifconfig_bridge0="inet 10.1.1.1 netmask 255.255.255.0"
ifconfig_bridge0_alias0="inet 10.1.1.2  netmask 255.255.255.255"
ifconfig_rl0="up"
ifconfig_rl1="up"
ifconfig_em0="up"

The problem is with my first alias(10.1.1.2) after system reboot this
alias is not visible over network. I can ping this ip on bridge box
but no other host can ping this address.
When i delete this alias from iface with:
ifconfig bridge0 delete 10.1.1.2
and again add on running system
ifconfig bridge0 add 10.1.1.2/32

everything starts to work. I can ping this alias from other hosts and
i can establish connection with this alias.
But if i reboot system ip alias is added to bridge0 but again i can't
use this alias. And i have to manualy delete and add alias to be seen
over network.

Can anybody tell me what can be wrong ? Is this bug or normal
behavior? I am using pf for filtering. I have this sysctls:

net.link.bridge.ipfw: 0
net.link.bridge.log_stp: 0
net.link.bridge.pfil_member: 0
net.link.bridge.pfil_bridge: 1
net.link.bridge.ipfw_arp: 0
net.link.bridge.pfil_onlyip: 1

I tryied to turn off pf and again turn on, i was watching logs on
pflog. I noticed that pf blocks packets on bridge0 comming out to
10.1.1.2 ip address. What is strage it blocks packets comming out not
comming in to this ip. But even if trun off pf nothing changes :(
So right now i can't use ip aliasing on bridge0 iface.

uname -a
FreeBSD albion 6.2-STABLE FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE #2: Wed Jan 31 19:16:11 CET 2007
amd64

Any help or advice wanted :)

--
Pozdrawiam,