if_start running deferred for Giant

Tofig Suleymanov tofig at freebsd.az
Sun Dec 30 02:11:11 PST 2007

Hello list,

I am writing a driver for Kyocera USB modem for FreeBSD and there are a
few questions that I am not able to solve alone. I would be grateful if
someone could point me into the right direction.Here is the first one:

Inside the USB_ATTACH() function I initialise the ifnet(9) structure and
return USB_ATTACH_SUCCESS_RETURN. Everything seems to be fine so far (I
can see the interface in ifconfig output) except the following error
notice spit to the console:

xxxxxx   kernel: ib0: if_start running deferred for Giant

I am not sure what does this exactly mean.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tofig Suleymanov