Coordinating TCP projects

Brooks Davis brooks at freebsd.org
Thu Dec 20 07:25:34 PST 2007

On Wed, Dec 19, 2007 at 01:09:13PM +0000, Robert Watson wrote:

> I'd like for us to create a wiki page tracking these various projects, and
> pointing at per-project resources.  Once the discussion has settled a bit,
> I can take responsibility for creating such a page, but will need everyone
> involved to help maintain it, as well as to maintain pages (on the wiki or
> elsewhere) regarding the status of the projects.  I think it also makes a
> lot of sense for participants in the projects to send occasional updates
> and reports to net@/arch@ in order to keep people who can't track things
> day-to-date in the loop, and to invite review.

In addition to the wiki, I think it's important to emphasize that as a
matter of principle, if it's not public, then in practice it doesn't
exist.  This means that if you want people to coordinate their changes
with your changes, you need to be working in public.  You should ideally
be working in perforce, but at a minimum regular posts discussing
details are required.

Non-public work (existent or not) will not be permitted to delay the
inclusion of desirable features that are reviewed and tested.

-- Brooks