Packet loss every 30.999 seconds

Mark Fullmer maf at eng.oar.net
Wed Dec 19 09:07:18 PST 2007

On Dec 19, 2007, at 9:54 AM, Bruce Evans wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Dec 2007, Mark Fullmer wrote:
>
>> A little progress.
>>
>> I have a machine with a KTR enabled kernel running.
>>
>> Another machine is running David's ffs_vfsops.c's patch.
>>
>> I left two other machines (GENERIC kernels) running the packet
>> loss test
>> overnight.  At ~ 32480 seconds of uptime the problem starts.  This
>> is really
>
> Try it with "find / -type f >/dev/null" to duplicate the problem
> almost
> instantly.

I was able to verify last night that (cd /; tar -cpf -) > all.tar would
trigger the problem.  I'm working getting a test running with
David's ffs_sync() workaround now, adding a few counters there should
get this narrowed down a little more.

Thanks for the other info on timer resolution, I overlooked
clock_gettime().

--
mark