unable to qualify my own domain name

Nash Nipples trashy_bumper at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 3 04:59:16 PST 2007

Hello Frank,

Welcome to FreeBSD and meet the sendmail daemon.

What it tells to you is that it cannot qualify your own domain name.
Maybe if you haven't left it blank it wouldn't. The reason why may be
very complex or very simple. I think the daemon is just a little
embarrassed to even think that it's gona have to send mail from a blank host
name. The are many ways you can go from here though. You may try to
learn how to skip loading sendmail daemon at startup (please don't abuse
it). You may try to register a domain name and then learn how to
reconfigure this perfectly normal FreeBSD 6.2 release. You also may try
to call your provider and ask them to read the domain name they have
assigned to you, unless you are having the dial up connection which is
constantly changing and changing and changing....or else, you may use a
little imagination, add some creativity and a little responsibility to
use a domain name you'd like your legal copy of sendmail to be proudly
telling to the world. "Hello from mybox.iwontmakeupnonames.arpa"

#man intro
#man hosts
#man ifconfig
#man rc.conf