Route caching ?

Ivo Vachkov ivo.vachkov at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 07:38:28 PDT 2007

Actually there is:

struct	route_in6 ip6_forward_rt;

that "caches" the last route used (thanks blue !!!) but i think this
technique is pointless in a multiflow traffic.

Is it reasonable to believe that route caches can improve networking
performance or we should leave it up to the routing table itself ?

--
"UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a
genius to understand the simplicity." Dennis Ritchie