kern/115360: IPv6 address and if_bridge don't play well together.

David Gilbert dgilbert at dclg.ca
Thu Aug 9 19:40:18 UTC 2007

The following reply was made to PR kern/115360; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: David Gilbert <dgilbert at dclg.ca>
To: Andrew Thompson <thompsa at FreeBSD.org>
Cc: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org,
    dgilbert at daveg.ca
Subject: Re: kern/115360: IPv6 address and if_bridge don't play well together.
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 15:13:58 -0400

 Andrew> Hi David, Both the ipv4 and ipv6 addresses should really be
 Andrew> assigned to the bridge0 interface itself. Please report back
 Andrew> if it works or not.

 I will test this later this evening as I'm trying to get work done now
 (after having solved the immediate problem).  However, if this is the
 case, I respectfully submit that this should be a doc-bug, then, as
 there is no clue in the if_bridge manual page that addresses on the
 added ethernet segments will not work correctly.

 Dave.