kern/78791: [xl] xl(4) input errors and speed problem

Daniel Dias Gonçalves ddg at yan.com.br
Thu Aug 2 17:49:20 UTC 2007

Gleb Smirnoff escreveu:
> Synopsis: [xl] xl(4) input errors and speed problem
>
> State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
> State-Changed-By: glebius
> State-Changed-When: Tue Dec 27 09:03:50 UTC 2005
> State-Changed-Why:
> Please provide the following information. Is this one particular card
> that experiences errors, or you have tested several 3Com cards and all
> fail?

I have same problem, and is not only with card 3com (xl), also with
Intel card (fxp).
In my servers running FreeBSD 6.1, have constant traffic of +-80mbps and
"input errors" (netstat - ni) always increases, use crossover cables and
the interfaces fixed "100baseTX-FDX".
Frequently with Intel card (fxp), i have that to make ifconfig DOWN/UP
in the interface to come back to work.

Which the solution for these problems ?

--
Daniel D. G.