Working MPPC compression for FreeBSD

Alexander Motin mav at freebsd.org
Wed Aug 1 06:25:47 UTC 2007

Sam Leffler wrote:
>> Using Jan Dubiec Linux patches I have implemented replacement for the
>> HiFn's proprietary MPPC compression/decompression library to be used
>> with ng_mppc netgraph node.
>>
> Did you use the crypto framework?  There are patches from hifn to add
> support for h/w crypto acceleration to the hifn driver and the crypto
> framework.

No, it's just direct software implementation in ng_mppc which was made
years ago but was unusable due to lack of that HiFn library. I have no
HiFn card for working on crypto. One man have promised to give it to me
for some time, so if I will have one I will try to make its support.

--
Alexander Motin