ALpha Release 0.2 of Packet Construction Set

gnn at freebsd.org gnn at freebsd.org
Wed Sep 6 01:38:00 PDT 2006

This release includes checksumming for IP and ICMP packets (based on
the algorithm in RFC 792) and LengthValue fields so you can easily
encode things like DNS labels and the like.

About half the work was done by Clement, our SoC student working on
IPv6 security issues.

As always comments welcome.

http://pcs.sourceforge.net

I hope to start writing some actual tests now that I have the ability
to handle most of the relevant packet level code.

BTW The package comes with quite a bit of documentation for an alpha
release, as well as demo and test scripts to play with.

Later,
George