half-duplex

Spadge Fromley spadge at fromley.net
Tue Sep 5 01:53:02 PDT 2006

> em1: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
>         options=b<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,VLAN_MTU>
>         inet 60.1.2.3 netmask 0xfffffffc broadcast 220.233.99.39
>         ether 00:04:23:bc:3a:d1
>         media: Ethernet autoselect (10baseT/UTP <half-duplex>)
>         status: active

It's quite possibly picking that up from the thing it's plugged into, ie
the modem (I'm guessing here - I assume that's what it's plugged into). If
the modem doesn't go over 10mbits half-duplex, then neither will the card
it's plugged into.

Further information required for further comment.

--
Spadge
'Intoccabile'