Intel em receive hang and possible pr #72970

Rob Watt rob at hudson-trading.com
Fri Sep 1 20:10:35 UTC 2006

On Fri, 1 Sep 2006, Jack Vogel wrote:

> On 9/1/06, Rob Watt <rob at hudson-trading.com> wrote:
>
> This was my earlier point Rob, that delta of the driver WILL NOT
> build against 6.1 RELEASE, it has taskqueue changes in it that
> are not in the release, as well as a few other small gotchas.
> To get that fix you will need to wait for 6.2 if you want it all rolled
> into a determined whole.

I just noticed this when I tried to compile with the recent em driver
files. Since 6.2 is on the semi-near horizon, and since this bug has only
been triggered twice, I might be willing to wait until October to try
6.2. What makes this a more urgent issue is it was triggered on our most
critical machines, and the effect of triggering the bug causes much of
our business to come to a halt until our backup server takes over. If
anyone has tweaked or is willing to tweak the new driver changes to work
with 6.1 or 6.0 please let me know.

Thanks

-
Rob Watt