iwi discarding oversized packets while mtu=1500 for src/dst

Hans Nieser h.nieser at xs4all.nl
Fri Sep 1 01:43:01 UTC 2006

Sam Leffler wrote:
> Hans Nieser wrote:
>
>> root at aphax-laptop:~# uname -a
>> FreeBSD aphax-laptop.lan 6.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE #0: Thu May 11
>> 07:17:09 CEST 2006
>> root at aphax-laptop.nieser.local:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/APHAX-LAPTOP  i386
>
> Are you running the iwi driver that came with 6.1-release?  If so it has
> numerous problems that have been fixed in 6-STABLE and HEAD.  I'm not
> sure how best to update your system except by going to 6-STABLE via a
> src upgrade.

Yeah, I'm using the one that came with 6.1-RELEASE. Running 6-STBALE
actually seems like a good idea since running FreeBSD on my laptop is a
bit of an experiment for me anyway since there's some hardware that I
already expected some trouble with (the Intel HDA sound for example, which
I'm happy to report seems to work now with one of the alpha drivers posted
to @multimedia). Thanks for the suggestion!