6.2 becomes unresponsive under high traffic

Mikhail Teterin mi+kde at aldan.algebra.com
Sat Oct 21 16:37:12 UTC 2006

On Saturday 21 October 2006 11:39, Kris Kennaway wrote:
= We've been discussing em issues for several weeks now, so it would be
= great if you could get yourself up to speed - please review the
= discussion on freebsd-stable and freebsd-net (start with posts by
= Scott Long, myself, and Jack Vogel).

Thanks for the pointer.

Ok, so it would appear, from Bruce's

	http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?20061019110950.X75878

that in the SMP case, the em-driver is not even currently supposed to work
with INTR_FAST, which, apparently, is the default...

How do I switch to INTR_MPSAFE? Scott states, that it is much slower, than
FAST, but I can only compress the data at about 25-30 Mb/s anyway...

This close to 6.2-RELEASE, should not MPSAFE be forced by the SMP (with em(4)
stating as much)?

Thanks!

	-mi