Avoiding natd overhead

Spadge spadge at fromley.net
Sat Oct 21 15:01:01 UTC 2006

Chris Bowman wrote:
> Correction! I apologize, only noticed after I sent, obviously.  Anywhere
> I typed /usr/sbin please replace with /sbin only in this case..Sorry ;)
> Namely where I said /usr/sbin/natd should be /sbin/natd  ...

Fantastic, this seems to have not hurt any ;)

Thanks for the info. New P3 natd now up and running.

It may be worth mentioning that if you're the kind of person who patches
fbsd fairly regularly, and rebuilds world when that happens, starting
off with a 'make clean' in /usr/src/sbin/natd' may be called for.

As for the other optimisations, I'm not a rabid OS ricer so I don't know
if spending hours for that last 1% performance increase is really worth
my while. A little streamlining goes a long way.

Again, thanks for the info on natd.

--
Spadge
"Intoccabile"