If_bridge behaving as HUB

Jon Otterholm jon.otterholm at ide.resurscentrum.se
Mon Oct 16 10:15:17 UTC 2006

Hi.

I have a bridge setup with a number of vlan IF's as members. After a
while traffic destined for one member IF are sent to all member IF's.

 From man if_bridge:

     A bridge works like a hub, forwarding traffic from one interface to
     another.  Multicast and broadcast packets are always forwarded to all
     interfaces that are part of the bridge.  For unicast traffic, the
bridge
     learns which MAC addresses are associated with which interfaces and
will
     forward the traffic selectively.

Has anyone else got this problem? How do I debug this?

Info:

su-2.05b# uname -a
FreeBSD hostname.domain.com 6.2-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 6.2-PRERELEASE #2:
Fri Sep 15 13:26:01 CEST 2006     user@:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

/Jon