Intel PRO 3945ABG Wireless

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Wed Oct 11 07:56:34 PDT 2006

--On Tuesday, October 10, 2006 22:30:29 -0700 Doug Barton
<dougb at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Oct 2006, Paul Schmehl wrote:
>
>> Why isn't anyone working on updating it?
>
> This is a volunteer project. No one has volunteered.

I'd volunteer if I had a clue.  I'm not a programmer, and my only exposure
to C/C++ is two semesters a while ago.  I doubt you want me writing device
drivers.  :-)

I understand that the guy who was writing the driver had some sort of
disagreement with someone and dropped the project.  He's still maintaining
the driver for OpenBSD.  I'm wondering how much work it would take to adapt
what's in OBSD CVS to FBSD and get the thing working?  Is it a simple
matter of fixing paths so they point to the right source and header files?
Or is there more to it?

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas