Intel PRO 3945ABG Wireless

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Mon Oct 9 20:09:43 PDT 2006

--On October 10, 2006 4:33:35 AM +0200 Max Laier <max at love2party.net>
wrote:

> On Tuesday 10 October 2006 04:12, Paul Schmehl wrote:
>> I've been trying to get this to work on my laptop without success.
>> According to this page -
>> <http://damien.bergamini.free.fr/ipw/ipw-freebsd.html> - the ipw driver
>> should work.  I can load the driver, but it doesn't show up in dmesg.
>
> You are mistaken, I'm afraid.  This has been discussed a couple of time
> already.  The ipw(4) driver supports the now already quite dated 2100bg
> cards.  Support for the new 3945abg is not available - other than
> ndis(4)  and I don't know if that works or not.  OpenBSD has a driver by
> the name  of wpi(4).  This is probably the point to start from if you
> were to write  a FreeBSD one.

I guess I'm screwed them.  I tried to create a module using ndisgen, but
when I try to load the module, it crashes the system and forces a complete
restart.

I'm afraid I don't have the skills to write a device driver.

Thanks for the info.

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas