Efficient use of Dummynet pipes in IPFW

Brett Glass brett at lariat.org
Sun Sep 18 20:33:22 PDT 2005

At 09:24 PM 9/18/2005, Dave+Seddon wrote:

>skipto
>man ipfw -> e.g. ipfw add 10 skipto 4000 all from any to any layer2 out

It's not that simple. Each rule that can send packets into a pipe
has at least two conditions (e.g. IP address, interface name, and
in or out via that interface). Do you propose that I apply
DeMorgan's theorem to every rule that sends packets into a pipe? If
I did, I'd produce a whole long list of "skipto" rules for each
individual rule I had before. Could get very messy -- and create overhead.

--Brett Glass