if_bridge and IPv6?

Bruce A. Mah bmah at freebsd.org
Wed Sep 7 08:52:03 PDT 2005

If memory serves me right, Bruce A. Mah wrote:
> If memory serves me right, Andrew Thompson wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 29, 2005 at 06:19:42PM -0700, Bruce A. Mah wrote:

[IPv6 over an if_bridge interface didn't work.]

> > > Bridging of IPv6 packets going between two hosts on either side of the
> > > bridge appears to work just fine (to the point where I can do ping6 and
> > > ssh across the bridge).
> >
> > Good to hear something works :)
>
> Well, just for the record (maybe I mentioned this before) ARP and
> unicast IPv4 work as advertised.  So yeah, something works.  :-)

For anyone who was following along with this, Andrew and I exchanged
some private email about this problem, he sent me a patch which I
successfully tested, and he committed the solution to HEAD in these
files:

  Revision  Changes    Path
  1.21      +27 -5     src/sys/net/if_bridge.c
  1.198     +1 -1      src/sys/net/if_ethersubr.c
  1.28      +1 -4      src/sys/netinet6/in6_ifattach.c
  1.55      +2 -0      src/sys/netinet6/nd6.c
  1.33      +1 -0      src/sys/netinet6/nd6_nbr.c

Thanks to Andrew for his speedy solution!

Bruce.