poptop problem ...

Mircea Popescu popescu.mircea at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 15:37:47 GMT 2005

Hi!
 I followed the instructions listed at
http://linux-bsd-central.com/index.php/content/view/8/
<http://linux-bsd-central.com/index.php/content/view/8/+> and I've adapted
the configuration files to my situation. Also, the firewall is totally down,
every port is accessible (this is verified).
 I get the following error message in /var/log/messages:
 GRE: read(fd=8,buffer=804d520,len=8196) from PTY failed: status = 0 error =
No error
CTRL: PTY read or GRE write failed (pty,gre)=(8,6)
 On the windows side, when I try to establish a connection I get "Verifying
name and password ..." after which the following error message is displayed:

 "ERROR 619: a connection to the remote computer cannot be established, so
the port used for connection was closed."
 Can anyone help?
 thx