PPPoE and Radius on 6.0RC1

fooler at skyinet.net fooler at skyinet.net
Mon Oct 24 22:00:52 PDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marcin Jessa" <lists at yazzy.org>
To: <fooler at skyinet.net>
Cc: <glebius at FreeBSD.org>; <net at FreeBSD.org>
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2005 9:22 PM
Subject: Re: PPPoE and Radius on 6.0RC1

> It does. Everything is working now.

good to hear that :->

> Any idea how to make ppp support all the methods at the same time so
> the client can chose what to use?

just enable those parameters instead of disable it... but still the client
is the one choosing what kind of authentication takes place... but i still
strongly advise to use mschapv2 instead of pap, chap and mschapv1 for
security purposes both for wired and wireless pppoe authentication...

> It's working now after lots of tweaking with ppp config and kernel
> options.
> Thanks a lot.

one important side note especially if you are using radius for your pppoe
authentication and the radius accounting server is at remote location...
after the client disconnects... ppp will just simply send *one* accounting
packet without waiting for the reply from radius accounting server for
acknowledgement and exit immediately... this will affect your proper
accounting and single login policy because the radius server still think
that the user is still online...

brian, to whom we will contact to fix this problem? thanks...

fooler.