IPSec tcp session stalling ( me too ) ...

Volker volker at vwsoft.com
Mon Oct 24 14:19:28 PDT 2005

Yvan,

>>    2) a gif tunnel
>
> No, and that's the main difference for now: I *never* used Gif
> interfaces.

And that's the point. When not using a gif interface to pass traffic
through the IPSec tunnel, I don't see any trouble at all and everything
works fine. As soon as a gif interface is involved, the tcp (haven't
checked with udp) session running inside the gif tunnel breaks.

When either not using IPSec, not enabling pf or not using gif -
everything is fine.

My setup always secured the outside of the tunnel. I haven't checked to
secure the inside of the gif tunnel by using IPSec.

Volker