PPPoE and Radius on 6.0RC1

Gleb Smirnoff glebius at FreeBSD.org
Thu Oct 20 05:59:13 PDT 2005

On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 12:31:59PM +0000, Marcin Jessa wrote:

M> > > Please show your PPPoE server configuration. Do you use pppoed or
M> > > mpd?
M> >
M> > I use pppoed.
M> > Adding
M> > netgraph_load="YES"
M> > ng_socket_load="YES"
M> > to /boot/loader.conf fixed it on my 6.0RC1 ( thanks Julian Elischer )
M> > Frankly I don't understand why this is needed since pppoed loads those
M> > modules when it starts up.
M>
M> Just tested the same setup on 7.0 built tonight and it did not work.
M> The pppoed daemon never sends any requests to freeradius...
M> I tried to additionaly with those modules listed in loader.conf with no
M> luck:
M> ng_ether_load="YES"
M> ng_pppoe_load="YES"

This is very strange. Because I have recently upgraded one router running
pppoed to 6.0-RC1 and I have no problems.

Please read on the pppoed logs and see what is the problem. If everything
is fine in pppoed logs, then go on with ppp logs. "stopped working" is not
really informative.

--
Totus tuus, Glebius.
GLEBIUS-RIPN GLEB-RIPE