radius client parameters

fooler fooler at skyinet.net
Thu Mar 31 21:10:50 PST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marcin Jessa" <lists at yazzy.org>
To: "Brian Somers" <brian at Awfulhak.org>
Cc: <fooler at skyinet.net>; <freebsd-isp at freebsd.org>;
<freebsd-net at freebsd.org>; <bikrant_ml at wlink.com.np>
Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2005 11:41 PM
Subject: Re: radius client parameters

> Hi Brian, guys.
>
> Do you plan to add additional radius atributes to the PPP code ?
> The one I really miss is tx/rx data rate limitation.
> It'd be great if PPP could set bandwith limit based on those atributes
received from radius server(s).
Linux's ppp by www.mikrotik.com/ and http://www.staros.com/
> They all provide their changed code as it's GPL'd.

hello marcin... current radius rfc (rfc2865) didnt say anything about tx/rx
data rate limitation radius attribute... but there is a way how to do it
with freebsd :->

since freebsd ppp supported RAD_FILTER_ID and part of the access-accept
radius packet type... just simply send the label to FILTER_ID radius
attribute and put that label into /etc/ppp/ppp.linkup file where inside that
label is doing the bandwidth management using IPFW as its bandwidth
manager... just make sure you do a cleanup (removing ipfw pipe rules) inside
/etc/ppp/ppp.linkdown file upon disconnection...

you need a pipe number for ipfw for identification for that connection...
just play with the tunnel interface number as its pipe number for easy
creating and removing pipe :->

fooler.