HOWTO connect MCI using Netgraph + Frame Relay with Digi SYNC/570i

John Mok jmok at attglobal.net
Sun Mar 13 06:15:24 PST 2005

Hi,

I would like to replace the existing Cisco router 1600 and connect to
MCI Hong Kong with FeeBSD 5.3 box with a Digi SYNC 570 serial card. With
reference of the FreeBSD handbook and the information from Julian
Elischer at

http://www.elischer.org/netgraph/

I have compiled the kernel with the following options :-

options NETGRAPH
options NETGRAPH_FRAME_RELAY
options NETGRAPH_LMI
device  ar

The dmesg showed that the device ARNET/Digi SYNC/570i was loaded
successfully. However, when I tried to config. with the following, the
ngctl prompt with the error:

#ngctl mkpeer ar0: frame_relay rawdata downstream
#ngctl mkpeer ar0:rawdata lmi dlci500 ansi
ngctl: send msg: No such file or directory

I tried the testing with MCI connection disconnected. How do I set the
line speed to 1536 Kbps? I hope someone could help me how to config. the
netgraph with work with Digi SYNC/570i

Thanks a lot.

John Mok