ipfilter 4.1.6 won't build on FreeBSD5.3 amd64 (fwd)

Goran Gajic ggajic at mail.sbb.co.yu
Tue Mar 8 15:34:19 PST 2005

On my NPE-G1 running just IOS 12.3(12a) cpu utilization was something
like 70-90% but with IOS 12.3(11)T3 it is 20% since this one has NAT
inside CEF and yes using small portions of address for NAT pool will
reduce CPU utilization and will improve NAT on 7206. However if you
compare prices of PC hardware and Cisco  hardware decent PC hardware with
FBSD seems like more acceptable solution to  me.  I was able to
bring down NPE-G1 with running simple ping -l 1000000 throu it and it
has died at ~ 80k pps, while FBSD5.3 box was able to route this
without any problems.

Regards,
gg.