AltQ + ng_iface

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Thu Jul 28 23:04:31 GMT 2005

Hi,
I am looking at using pf + AltQ + mpd instead of my original ipfw + dummynet +
ppp setup but it seems that ng_iface doesn't have any AltQ hooks :(

I had a look at it to see if they could be retrofitted but alas it appears the
ng_iface driver is not very much like others (ie no queueing of packets?) so
it would need more work..

I could use ppp(8) and do queueing on tun, but I would prefer to use mpd as
all of the packet movement is in the kernel which makes sense to me.

Does anyone have any patches for this? Or is it just a dumb idea and I should
live with ppp(8)? :)

Thanks.

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum